Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Today is the last day of June already. Tomorrow, I will wake up and it will be Christmas. Next week, I might not wake up at all.

Where is my life going?

Somebody once suggested that it all boils down to the ratio of how long a day is compared to your life. When you are a child, time drags because in comparison to your life, one day is a long time. When you hit my age, one day is just a split second amongst the accumulation of days.

Somebody else said to me that time has just speeded up. Even the kids are complaining about days just disappearing down the drain.

I agree with the second point of view, I think. It seems I used to be able to do so much more in a day. Mozart had 35 years's worth of days, and he lived a much longer time ago. I have nearly 15 years head start on him age-wise, and I haven't managed a single symphony. Not one. Only a short tune on the xylophone composed when I was five, and I haven't kept that.

I can't think I've done any of the things I thought I would do when I was twenty. It makes me wonder what's the point. How many people achieve anything during their lifetime? Mostly I think we are born, grow up, get married, have kids, and die. That's the circle of life.

Today is the last day of June already. I suppose it is also the first day of the rest of my life. Perhaps I will get another chance. I do hope so. And more than that, I hope I do actually answer when that opportunity knocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home