Thursday, July 14, 2005



Well, I have no idea how many miles it is, but here's a quick view from around 37 degrees North and almost 28 degrees East. Bodrum, Turkey.

The view is quite wonderful, as you can see.

Two weeks at Club Med has done me the world of good. The sun has bronzed my skin and blonded my hair. I didn't realise just how much I was relying on the good old adrenaline to keep me goinng from day to day until I got to the beach and it all fizzled out.

The club is set on a hill leading down to the sea, which means lots of steps and lots of exercise just getting to the beach. I made a point of having lunch in the main dining area - the one with this glorious view - just to make sure I didn't get fat and lazy. I didn't either, the bikini I bought at the beginning of the holiday was too large for me at the end.

I slept in the shade and swam in the sea. I went snorkelling, though there wasn't much to see. We did rescue some lost keys, though, we saw them fine. I went to the hammam and let off steam. We went into Bodrum for three hours and had a beer in the Old Harbour. I did body sculpting classes every second morning. I swam in the pool and sat in the sun. I spoke French and forgot my Dutch.

Ah well.

I think I'd like to retire to Club Med. I wonder if I can persuade them to consider retirement villages.

2 Comments:

Blogger HannahK said...

Great view Janet. I always thought Club Med was for noisy teenagers, hahaha. But good to hear you had a good time :-)

7:43 PM  
Blogger cyberjanet said...

Ha ha. There are Club Meds for noisy teenagers, and even some for noisy kids, but Bodrum isn't one of them.

I don't think the adrenaline has kicked back in yet, but I am feeling rested and able to tackle things again!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home