Sunday, February 03, 2008

Where have all the Big Brands gone?

I don't know if it's because I've moved, or if they've moved, but I never really see advertising anymore. Then again, I wonder how any advertisers would reach me.

1) I don't watch television. We have one now, and Paul puts it on occasionally.
2) I listen to ClassicFM radio in the mornings, through the Internet. However, the advertising is actually so bad it makes me want to turn the entire station off. There's certainly no brand-building there.
3) I hardly read magazines any more, and when I do, there's no brand-building advertising.
4) I don't read newspapers. I don't see them, I don't buy them and they're all in Dutch anyway so they're an effort and time-consuming to read.
5) Daily I get stuff pushed through the mailbox, which I just recycle with reading. This is all special offers anyway.
6) That leaves the internet, and Google ads. Outdoor advertising as I walk and bus. And the shops themselves. It's the only way to reach me. But no branding. Product, product, product.

Is branding dead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home