Thursday, June 29, 2006

One of the things the Driving School gave me as part of my little mini-course was a theory book, with the somewhat bemusing title Learning your Driving.

I had to wait some time to get an English copy, as they had just sold their last one on the day I joined up. However, it is a little gem worth waiting for.

For example, section 9.2 Driving away.

matters requiring attention
When you want to drive away, you must give way to the other road users. You observe:
  • the available space;
  • the view;
  • ...etc
Personally I would put road conditions way ahead of admiring the view before I pull out into traffic, but it's clear that I just don't take enough time to smell the roses. Thanks to Veka-Best, the publishers, for putting me straight on this one.

2 Comments:

Blogger HannahK said...

That is just a poor translation of the word 'zicht', which means 'how much off the road you are able to see'..

*sigh*

7:46 PM  
Blogger cyberjanet said...

Ha ha the whole book is poor translation, beginning with the title.
Still, it's very entertaining.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home